Categories
Basketball Sport Equipments

Six Memorabilia Kobe Bryant is sold USD 4.3 Billion

Los Angeles – Six of Kobe Bryant memorabilia sold in an auction to support one of the charities the LA Lakers basketball star owned it. A total of 433 531 U.S. dollars which obtains, or approximately USD 4.3 billion.

The auction was for one month and officially closed on Saturday (20/7) morning local time. The two most expensive item sold was a pair of rings that Kobe had given to his parents.

The ring is a ring championship 2000 season, when Kobe led the Lakers to the NBA championship for the 12th time. A ring given to her father, Joe, sold for 174 184 dollars, equivalent to Rp 1.7 billion. While the rings were passed on to her mother, Pamela, sold 108,153 dollars or about $ 1 billion.

Other items sold in this auction include All-Stars ring maroon for 55 597 dollars (USD 550 million), two high school basketball Kobe uniform and a medal of the championship high school.

The auction itself was colored by controversy when Bryant sued the company that did the auction, Goldin Auctions, because he felt his mother had no right to sell the goods. But this case is resolved after both parents Kobe apologized and thanked for financial support that has been given.

As part of the auction, the company donated 62,565 U.S. dollars to The Bully Project, a charity supported by Kobe. As reported by Yahoo Sports.

Categories
Football

Blanc: Verratti Not For Sale!

Paris Saint-Germain boss, Laurent Blanc confirmed about the future of young midfielder Marco Verratti he called not for sale.
The Italian young players have been linked with Fiorentina interest, but Blanc insists the former players Pescara remained in Paris.
“Marco is a PSG player,” said Blanc.
“There are a lot of rumors about his future, but he has a contract with us”,
“I hope he stays because I like him as a player, he has great talent and is a young player potential”.

Categories
Football

Get New Contract, Guidolin Delighted

Udinese seemed to have made coach Francesco Guidolin geeks fall in love without thinking so willing to sign a new contract offered to him.
In his new coach 57-year contract that would keep refine Udinese until June 2017.
“I have to thank the club,” said Udinese coach who came to it in 2010.
“We have been talking about a new contract extension since a few months ago”.
“I am proud to continue coaching this squad, renewal of contract is the culmination of a remarkable season that we went through last year,” he said.
“(Contract) in accordance with my wishes, here are ideas and projects, terimkasih to all my staff”.
According to the coach who has coached many Italian clubs, since he no longer gush Udinese could think to coach another club.

Categories
Tennis

Bartoli Realize Dreams

London – Marion Bartoli managed to realize the dream of magnitude in the world of professional tennis. The Frenchman has just won his first Grand Slam title after Wimbledon champion so.

Bartoli came out as champions after defeating Sabine Lisicki in the final match on Centre Court the All England Club on Saturday (07/06/2013) evening hrs. He won in straight sets 6-1, 6-4 in 1 hour and 21 minutes.

This is the first time Bartoli won the Grand Slam title after struggling in 47 Grand Slam tournaments. He had the right to take home the prize money of 1.6 million pounds (about USD 23.7 billion).

This success also makes Bartoli as the first French tennis player to win a Grand Slam title since Amelie Mauresmo, who is now a coach, doing the same thing in 2006.

“I still can not realize that I was a Wimbledon champion.’s So happy,” said Bartoli in the tournament’s official website.

“As a professional player, your dream is to win the Grand Slam. You dreamed it every day. You think about it every day,” he added.

“So, when it was finally realized, you have achieved something that you dream for millions of hours,” said the 28-year-old.

“I won in straight sets. I did not drop a set throughout the tournament. Fact, in a perfect dream I once did, I could not imagine a moment like that.’s More than just perfect,” said Bartoli.

Categories
Racing

Susie Wolff set for full Formula 1 test for Williams

Susie Wolff will have her first full Formula 1 test at the wheel of a Williams in this week’s ‘young-driver’ test at Silverstone.

The Scot will drive on Friday, with race driver Pastor Maldonado in action on Thursday, while Spaniard Daniel Juncadella is set to test on Wednesday.

Teams are being allowed to run race drivers for one day at the test on 17-19 July to evaluate new tyres.

Wolff, 30, is currently the development driver for Williams.

She raced in the DTM German touring car championship for seven years before quitting the series to concentrate on her work with the British outfit.

Susie Wolff

Susie Wolff

Born: 6/12/82, Oban, Scotland

Role: Williams development driver

Previous racing experience: 2006-12 DTM German touring cars. Always driving at least a year-old car; best result ninth. 2005 – Formula Three in UK; 2001-4 – Formula Renault in UK

Married to Toto Wolff, Mercedes director of motorsport and executive director (business) Mercedes F1 team. Shareholder in Williams

It is not the first time Wolff has driven an F1 car – she had a familiarisation test with Williams last October and was the first to drive the team’s 2013 car this year at an aerodynamic test in February, and described the Silverstone test as “a fantastic opportunity”.

Wolff added: “It’s going to be a big challenge but the most important thing is to do a solid and consistent job and to give good feedback to the team to be able to prove I am at the level to compete on a day such as this.

“Most of my work is based in the simulator which is why this day is so important for me.

“It will give me a better understanding of what the car is like on track and how that correlates to the simulator which will also help further develop the work I can do there.

“I am not naive enough to think it will be easy. I know it’s going to be tough and a big challenge but the team have prepared me well and I just need to believe in myself. I will go out there and do the best I can.”

The last woman to enter the F1 world championship was Italian Giovanna Amati, who failed to qualify for three races with Brabham in 1992 before being dropped. The last woman to race an F1 car was Italian Lella Lombardi in 1976.

Only two other teams have so far confirmed their line-ups.

Lotus will use Kimi Raikkonen on the final day of the test with Frenchman Nicolas Prost – the son of four-time world champion Alain Prost – driving on Wednesday and reserve driver Davide Valsecchi on Thursday.

McLaren and Red Bull have chosen not to use their race drivers.

Reserve driver Gary Paffett (Friday) and young drivers Kevin Magnussen and Oliver Turvey will test the McLaren.

Portuguese Antonio Felix Da Costa, a contender for a Toro Rosso seat in 2014, will take the first two days for Red Bull, with Spain’s Carlos Sainz coming in on Friday.

Sauber will use Nico Hulkenberg on Thursday, and split the rest of its programme between reserve driver Robin Frijns and Japanese former Formula 3 driver Kimiya Sato.

The ‘young-driver’ test is an attempt to allow teams to try out drivers who have not yet raced in F1 – the rules dictate that those taking part must have competed in no more than two grands prix.

But this stipulation was waived following the problems at the British Grand Prix to allow Pirelli to try out its new tyre design on the track that had caused the most problems.

A series of problems all contributed to six drivers suffering blowouts during the race.

Although Pirelli said the manner in which the teams were operating the tyres was partially to blame, the biggest single cause is believed to have been a weakness in the construction of the 2013 tyre at the shoulder, where the sidewall meets the tread.

Pirelli has decided to revert to the construction used in 2012,which has a stronger shoulder, from the Hungarian Grand Prix, but combined with the softer rubber compounds used so far in 2013.

As there were no similar problems last year, none are expected with the new design, but the Silverstone test gives Pirelli a chance to make sure before the teams reach the races at Spa in Belgium and Suzuka in Japan, which make even more extreme demands of the tyres.

Mercedes will not feature at the test because of their ban for taking part in the controversial Pirelli tyre test.